Monday, December 15, 2014

Greysen Letters

On Mother's Day this year, I shared one of the many letters that I started writing to my kids years ago.  While dealing with infertility, I read an article about how you should write your kids letters and give those letters to them later in life.  I decided then that I wouldn't wait until they were here.  I began writing to them long before their conception was even a reality.  So I went back and read the letters I've been writing to Greysen.  I've been sending his name up in prayer for years.  So here's the very first letter I wrote to my little boy nearly 19 months ago.  Ironically it was written almost exactly 2 years before he will be here for real.  A May letter for my sweet May baby:

May 22, 2013                                 
Dear My Sweet Greysen,
Today is May 22, 2013.  As of right now, your Daddy and me are living in Dominica (which is a teeny tiny little island in the Caribbean).  Daddy is studying to be a doctor!  Today, I have no idea when you're going to grace us with your presence.  As a matter of fact, I'm not even pregnant yet!  I bet you can tell how much your Daddy and I want you, huh?  We think about you and dream about you all the time.  We talk about what color hair you'll have.  Whether you'll have Daddy's blue eyes, or Mommy's brown eyes.  Will you be tall and skinny like your Daddy?  Will you have Mommy's round face and button nose?  Will you be a swimmer? A basketball player?  A baseball star?  It makes us smile to imagine how smart and funny and charismatic you'll be.  You'll be such a gentleman!  We can't wait to hold you in our arms and kiss your sweet little face and tell you how much we love you.  We love you already and you're not even born yet!  

I have no idea what the future holds for your Daddy and me when it comes to babies.  But I DO know beyond a shadow of a doubt that one day I'll write Greysen Neil Womack on a birth certificate, I'll snuggle you and kiss your little baby face and tell you what a blessing and a miracle you are.  And I simply cannot wait for that day to come!

So I'll write you these little notes every once in a while.  And one day, I'll give them all to you so that you can read them and feel my love for you.  It's out of this world!

Love Beyond Words,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment