Monday, December 1, 2014

It's a BOY!!!

A sonographer told me a few months ago that “since I was a Scorpio” I should have a good amount of “intuition” about what the sex of my baby was.  So now that I know my Greysen is on the way, it is interesting to look back over the past 13 weeks and realize just how much intuition I really had…

            When I first learned I was pregnant, I was certain it was a boy.  Like 210% certain that we were expecting a Greysen.  I can even be heard referring to him as a “he” on the first and second ultrasound videos.  I actually bought a few things for our boy nursery theme (which I’ll reveal on my next post).  On the second ultrasound, though, I let the “old wives tales” derail my intuition a bit, because his heart rate was a strong and fast 176 BPM.  That and the fact that I’d had 2 dreams we were having a girl really made me question my initial thought that it was a boy.  So up until my first perinatal appointment about a month ago, I was about 75% convinced that it was a girl.  But at the perinatal appointment, I started beginning to go back to my initial feeling that it was a boy.  Just something about the way he looked on ultrasound and how similar his little personality was to his daddy’s (he’s a little stubborn like his daddy…) made me think, “Hmmm…I’m beginning to think this really might be Greysen…”

            But seeing that unmistakable “sign” that he was a boy on Saturday was just…man I can’t even describe it.  Immediately I yelled out his name and my brain started dressing him in bow ties and newsies hats.  My heart started envisioning his tiny little body sleeping peacefully on my chest with his hands scrunched up under his chin like he is every time we see him on ultrasound…

            In the last 48 hours I’ve been imagining his slobbery kisses on my cheeks, his perfect little coos and baby smiles.  I imagine him crawling through the halls of our house, tugging on Matilda’s tail, chewing on anything that will hold still.  I think about him playing sports, and being a scholar like his daddy, and being a gentleman.  I envision the little ladies at church just fawning over how adorably dapper he is, I think about my Greysen being the one to take care of me and Jonathan in our old age.  I imagine him protecting his younger siblings.  I think about getting those big huge “boy who loves his Mama” bear hugs.  I can’t wait to hear him say, “I love you Mommy!”  Oh how my heart is gonna melt!

            I wasn’t expecting to see him in 3D on Saturday but I was SO happy the sonographer let us get a few sneak peeks of him.  In my favorite shot of him he has his little hands bunched up under his chin and he's pooching out his lips (which were unmistakably created by Jonathan’s DNA).  At one point he flipped over and was laying on his tummy with his hands over his face (which is exactly how I sleep…).  When he is still, he is the most chill and calm little baby.  Once he finds a comfortable spot, he is unlikely to move much without LOTS of coaxing (this is another way we know this kid has mine and Jonathan’s genes…).  I have been hoping and praying that this baby would love to snuggle as much as I do, and I think I got my wish.  Greysen likes to be warm and still and cozy and I intend to keep him that way for as long as he will let me (before he starts crawling and pulling up and being on the go constantly…).  Jonathan and I are hopelessly in love with this little guy already.  We can’t wait to have him here for real!  Will he have brown eyes or blue?  Will he have our dark hair or will he get his Uncle Patrick’s red hair or his Aunt Amanda’s blonde?  Will he be long and skinny like his daddy?  One thing I can tell you for sure is that whatever features he’s blessed with, he’ll be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my life.  For that matter…he really already is…



Greysen Neil Womack

17 weeks 1 day

No comments:

Post a Comment